Welcome!

Hello and welcome to my blog! Please add your comments!



Thursday 28 April 2011

Bedford cord sampler

Now here is a weave structure I have never even considered before, and what a joy it is! This sample warp is in 8 colours, paired as warm/cool throughout, on 6 shafts, with a narrow selvedge...I have an idea to design a fabric suitable for a narrow origami-style jacket....so I am playing with colour. The first sample is now off the loom, and I have already seen how altering the colours and sequence of colours in the weft can dramatically alter the finished cloth by emphasizing or playing down the colours of the warp ribs created. Very exciting! More samples to follow!
Here is the first, unfinished sample straight from the loom, face side up.
And here is the equally stunning reverse side. Photos of the finished samples will be posted shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment