Welcome!

Hello and welcome to my blog! Please add your comments!



Wednesday 22 May 2019

Updates

It has been a long time since I posted, mainly due to a ruptured ligament in my hand which has meant there has not been a lot of weaving going on in the shed for a while.
Things are slowly improving, so here are details of a couple of forthcoming events:

Helmshore Mills Textile Museum is now open again for the Summer Season on Friday, Saturday and Sunday and the cafe will also be open serving soup, sandwiches, cakes and beverages. On June 29th it is the Midsummer Market/Fair and I will be there demonstrating weaving and other traditional textile techniques.

In August 2019 I will be tutoring a week long Boundweave workshop at the Association of Guilds of Weavers, Spinners and Dyers Summer School at Askham Bryan near York.

In 2020, I will again be running two residential weaving workshops at Waddow Hall near Clitheroe in February and September, but I'm afraid these are both fully booked already!

I continue to teach weaving classes in my garden workshop/studio but I am currently unable to take on new students, at least until such time as my hand has started to function more effectively.

No comments:

Post a Comment